The Army West Point Boxing Team kicked off their “Road to the Championship” in grand fashion at the 2019 North Area Rumble. The boxing rumble featured 5 male bouts and 3 female bouts featuring boxers from the team. Each boxer was representing a branch for their bout. The rumble was held in conjunction with the Combined Arms Tailgate. The event kicked off with a flyover and hover to go along with the event introduction by DMI6. On hand to watch the bouts and present the winners were many of the branch chiefs and West Point leadership. The standing room only crowd witnessed some great boxing matches.
Results of the matches in bout order:
- Women 132lbs. Juliana Fustolo (Field Artillery) defeated Emma Begin (Engineers).
- Men 175lbs. Joshua Riddick (Armor) defeated Amadou Bah (Air Defense Artillery).
- Women 165lbs. Sidney Sandburg (Ordnance) defeated Lonnie Collazo (Quarter Master).
- Men 185lbs. Hunter Dempster (Medical Service Corps) defeated Devan Greenfield (Chemical).
- Men 165lbs. Adrian Albin (Signal) defeated Kyle Taylor (Military Police).
- Women 132lbs. Evan Walker (Cyber) defeated Leandra Ramos (Military Intelligence).
- Men 185lbs. Manny Ahoua (Finance) defeated Elias Manning (Infantry).
- Men 156lbs. Jaquan Byrd (Aviation) defeated Will Naumann (Transportation).