Join WPAOG in congratulating the newest members of the Long Gray Line. Hats off to the December graduates of the Class of 2020!
The event was livestreamed as family members and other guests were not able to attend the ceremony. Normally members of the 50-Year Affiliate class, the Class of 1970, would be in attendance to present the newest graduates with their first rank insignia, a set of second lieutenant bars engraved with "70-20.” This inscription depicts the special connection between the two classes. On behalf of the Class of 1970, WPAOG was able to congratulate each new graduate and present them with a “Welcome to Long Gray Line” gift bag. These were the same welcome bags that were given to their classmates in June.
In addition to their 2LT bars, their gift bags contained:
- A personalized letter from an Old Grad: Members of the Class of 1970 wrote personalized letters to each and every member of the Class of 2020.
- A silver dollar coin: It's an Army tradition that 2LT's give a coin for their first salute. (donated by USAA)
- A “Selfie” stick and car window decal: Given by the Class of 1996, which traditionally hosts the First Class Social, but could not this year.
- A Grad Guide: Donated by the West Point Association of Graduates.
- A “Congratulations” Card: WPAOG included a card that symbolizes the collective congratulations of the entire Long Gray Line.
Class of 2020 December graduates: Kwabena T. Antwi, Anthony D. Bradley, Jonathan M. Coleman, Eurica Shane Y. Diego, Abdel Rahman A. El Dalify, Matthew D. Evans, Alexis J. Fredericks, Marco A. Garcia Garcia, Nicholas P. Ges, Gary L. Gray, Shelby M. Haynes, Alexander T. Herndon, Kelvin M. Hopkins, Cameran C. Hymel, William D. Johnson, Jaylon T. McClinton, Michael L. Miller, Thomas P. Neal, McKenna J. Pressley, Kellyen K. Walker, and Amadeo Wes.